The SureStep™EZ Split Cup (Urine) is an immunoassay based on the principle of competitive binding. Drugs that may be present in the urine specimen compete against their respective drug conjugate for binding sites with their specific antibody.
During testing, a portion of the urine specimen migrates upward by capillary action. A drug, if present in the urine specimen below its cut-off concentration, will not saturate the binding site of its specific antibody. The antibody will then react with the drug-protein conjugate and a visible colored line will appear in the test line region of the corresponding drug strip. The presence of the drug above the cut-off concentration in the urine specimen will saturate all the binding sites of the antibody. Therefore, no coloured line will form in the test line region.
A non-negative urine specimen will not generate a coloured line in the specific test line region of the strip because of drug competition, while a drug-negative urine specimen will generate a line in the test line region because of the absence of drug competition. To serve as a procedural control, a colored line will always appear at the control line region, indicating that the proper volume of specimen has been added and membrane wicking has occurred.
- Screens urine at cut-offs complying with AS/NZS 4308:2008.
- Screens for six drugs along with six adulterants, inbuilt temperature strip.
- Fast. Results typically ready in 1-2 minutes.
- Flat Face Results Panel, Easy to Scan, Compatible with Readers.
- SureStep™ EZ Split is used by many reputed organisations.
- Test for 6 drugs: Marijuana THC / Cocaine COC / Amphetamine AMP / Methamphetamine METH / Benzodiazepines BZO / Opiates OPI + Creatinine, Nitrites, Oxidants, pH, Glutaraldehyde, and Specific Gravity.
Bring tests, specimens, and/or controls to room temperature (15-30°C) before use.
- Ensure the device is at room temperature before opening it. Remove the cup from the sealed pouch and use it as soon as possible.
- Remove the key by twisting it from the centre of the cup cap.
- Collect specimen in the cup and secure the cap tightly by pressing down on the pull tab until an audible click is heard.
- Check the temperature label (Temp Label) within 4 minutes of specimen collection. A green colour will appear
to indicate the temperature of the urine specimen. The proper range for an unadulterated specimen is 32-38°C (90-100°F).
- Date and initial the security seal label then place it over the cap.
- Place the cup on a flat surface and push the key into the socket of the cup to initiate the test. Start the timer.
- Remove the peel off label covering the test results. Read the adulteration strip between 3 and 5 minutes.
- Compare the colors on the adulteration strip to the enclosed color chart. If the result indicates adulteration, do not interpret the drug test results. Either retest the urine or collect another specimen.
- Read the drug strip results at 5 minutes. Do not interpret the result after 10 minutes.
Test Cut-Off Levels
- Amphetamine AMP: 300ng/mL
- Benzodiazepines BZO: 200ng/mL
- Cocaine COC: 300ng/mL
- Marijuana THC: 50ng/mL
- Methamphetamine METH: 300 ng/mL
- Opiate OPI: 300ng/mL
Download the testing procedures for your convenience.
Verified to meet AS/NZS 4308:2008. Certificate of compliance by request only.
All tests sold by the box – 25 tests per box.
When an order is placed prior to 12pm local EST time, below are the expected delivery times. Once an order has been dispatched we will email you the tracking number so you can track your purchase.
- Capital Cities – Next day delivery (up to 5pm next day)
- Regional Areas – Two to three days
- Remote Areas – Five days
Need your order urgently? Ask us about express courier options. 1800 187 238
How Do I Read the Lines On A Drug Test?Hanna Groves2020-10-18T21:31:32+10:00 What Are The Major Drug Groups That A Standard Urine Drug Testing Kit Detects?Hanna Groves2020-10-18T21:31:50+10:00 Does A Positive (Non-Negative) Test Always Indicate Drug Abuse?Hanna Groves2020-10-18T21:34:49+10:00 What Is Adulteration?Hanna Groves2020-10-18T21:32:19+10:00 I Am Having Trouble Reading Results On The Drug Cups, What Do I Do?Hanna Groves2020-10-18T21:35:44+10:00 Why Is It Important To Use A Device That Has Australian Standards Approval?Hanna Groves2020-10-18T21:33:57+10:00